An interim driving license is issued to persons who are yet to recieve their drivers license. This documents is issued by the Kenya National Transport and Safety Authority, and is valid for the period which is described, ually one year. The process of applying for and obtaining an interim driving license is done online via the TIMS NTSA Citizen self service portal.
An interim driving license in Kenya is issued to those individuals who have successfully completed their driving test from a recogniseddriving school. The document is endorsed with the classes of motor vehicles which one is meant to drive on the road as indicated on your provisional license.
Just like the Ministry of Works and Transport does handle the issuance of new drivers licence in Uganda through UDLS, in Kenya, the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) is the government agency which is mandated to issue driving licenses.
Steps to apply for an Interim Driving License
- Visit Ntsa.ecitizen.go.ke portal
- Click “Sign in” to log into your account
- Click on “Get services now” under National Transport and Safety Authority
- Click on “Driving Licenses”
- Click on ” Learn more” next to Interim driving licence
- Click on “Apply now” and fill in all required information.
- Review filled information and click “proceed’
- Choose “Payment method” and complete the payment.
Obtaining Your Interim Driving License
Upon successfully completing your payment of Kshs. 750/=, you will be redirected to the final page which you will be in a position of printing your Interim driving license. You can even download and save the documents depending on your need.
The interim driving license works as a waiting card for your final license. It indicates information like your driving class or classes, the date you applied for it, the document expiring date, your names and ID number.