If your driving licence is missing due to misplacement, been stolen, or lost, obtaining a duplicate will allow you to be back on the road in Uganda without worrying. The process of obtaining a lost, stolen, or misplaced driver’s license in Uganda is easy provided the applicant follows the right procedures and also submitting all mandatory requirements.
Ideally, it can take between a day and, or a few working days in order for one to process and obtain a duplicate driving licence in Uganda. Before getting started, kindly take note of the mandatory requirements.
Requirements for a Duplicate driving licence in Uganda
- Original copy of the newspaper advert for lost driver license
- Police report (To whom it may concern)
- Original copy of the valid National ID
- Original copy of the valid Passport for foreigners
- Original copy of the Refugee card for refugees
- Proof of payment for a duplicate driver licence (URA Payment PRN)
- Duly filled medical form for a lost driver licence (Optional)
Fees for duplicate driver licence 2021
Procedures for processing a duplicate driver licence in Uganda.
- Visit ura.go.ug to generate and print a duplicate driving licence URA Payment PRN
- Visit any bank of choice and make the payment of UGX 121,000/=. You can also pay using Pebuu, Payway, or Mobile money
- Visit UDLS and download the Medical form for duplicate driving permit application.
- Get a medical practitioner to examine you and stamp on the application form.
- Attach all the other documents you obtained and proceed to UDLS offices.
Process your duplicate driving licence application
Visit any of the UDLS offices at Uganda Railway Station, Plot 57 Nasser Road, Kampala, in Jinja, Mbale, Gulu, Arua, Fort Portal, and Mbarara, and submit your duplicate driving permit application. Your documents will be reviewed and upon approval, you will be issued with a duplicate driver license valid till the DL renew date. Using the issued document, you can go on and drive without worrying about DL.